An amazing Original Bourbon Old Fashioned cocktail recipe! Learn how to make an Original Bourbon Old Fashioned the right way. You’ll need six ingredients: Kentucky bourbon, Angostura bitters, sugar, cherries, an orange, and a lemon.
- 2 1/2 fl oz Kentucky Bourbon
- 3 Dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 1 Sugar Cube
- 3 Cherries
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- Cubed Ice
- Cut several thinly sliced orange wheels and set aside.
- Drop a sugar cube into the bottom of a chilled rocks glass.
- Saturate cube with bitters and muddle.
- Add an orange wheel, lemon zest (optional), and a cherry to the glass, muddle again.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add bourbon and gently stir for 20-30 seconds.
- Garnish with an orange wheel, lemon peel, and cherries as desired.
- Let the drink sit for 3-5 mins (optional).
*Nutritional information is approximate and varies depending upon ingredients used.
- Category: Cocktails
- Serving Size: 1-3
- Calories: 215
Keywords: Old Fashioned, Bourbon, Whiskey, Angostura Bitters, Orange, Cherry